Saturday, October 13 2012
Shane 'Shakey' Byrne returned to the top of the times in the final MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship free practice session this morning as the Title Fighters prepare for qualifying later this afternoon at Brands Hatch.
Byrne took the upper hand on his rivals at the Kent circuit as WFR Honda's Alex Lowes continued to move up the order until he crashed out at Druids unhurt, but the damaged bike meant he was sidelined for the remainder of the session. He dropped to fourth behind the improving Karl Harris on the Quattro Plant Kawasaki and second placed Title Fighter Josh Brookes on the Tyco Suzuki.
Michael Laverty had a resurgent session on the Samsung Honda in fifth to remain ahead of the second WFR Honda of James Westmoreland and Chris Walker's Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki. Defending champion Tommy Hill was eighth ahead of the formation flying Buildbase BMW's of Peter Hickman and Barry Burrell.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice three:
- Shane Byrne (Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki) 1m:26.096s
- Karl Harris (Quattro Plant Kawasaki) +0.559s
- Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.589s
- Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +0.714s
- Michael Laverty (Samsung Honda) +0.715s
- James Westmoreland (WFR Honda) +0.888s
- Chris Walker (Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki) +1.092s
- Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) +1.143s
- Peter Hickman (Buildbase BMW) +1.148s
- Barry Burrell (Buildbase BMW) +1.186s
The final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship takes place at Brands Hatch this weekend (12/13/14 October). For more information click here